18 January 2011|
The Programme Comenius 2.2 C (or Grant for Teacher Training), is part of the Socrates Programme and aims to strengthen the European dimension in the field of early childhood education, primary and secondary schools, promoting mobility and cooperation between schools . The non-university teachers can, through this program, visit other countries for other educational experiences. It seeks to foster transnational relations in the field of education and strengthening the European dimension of cultural education. Comenius Assistants program allows prospective teachers in schools in Europe will help to better understand education in other European countries.
Who can apply for a Comenius grant?
- Qualified teachers are teaching an official EU language
- Trainers of foreign language teachers
- Teachers who are reshaping as language teachers
- Elementary or preschool teachers whose present or future responsibilities include teaching a foreign language
- Other subject teachers who are using a foreign language
- Language teachers who return to the profession after being away from teaching for a while
- Inspectors or advisors in the field of language teaching
Duration and characteristics.
The duration of Comenius Assistants is twelve to forty-five weeks in the host school in which the Assistant will be between 12 and 16 hours per week in direct contact with students and other school activities. These Assistantships can be made up to a maximum of 3 neighboring schools.
The assistant will have a school teacher supervising and working alongside him in the following tasks:
- Assist in classroom teaching, supporting students' group work and teaching through projects.
- Improve students' listening and speaking in tongues.
- Teaching the mother tongue or the assistant, disseminating information about their culture.
- Providing support to pupils with special educational needs.
- Collaborate with students and faculty from the center in extracurricular activities.
- Submit or strengthen the European dimension in the host.
There are two valid types of courses:
- Courses for Teachers (specialized for language teachers). This type of course mixed with language teaching.
- Intensive: For those who prefer language teachers improve in a foreign language
Requirement is seen as essential that the training or continuing education must cover 40 hours in total or a month per participant. These hours will be reflected in the certificate proving that you receive at the end of the program.
Comenius Assistants receive a monthly stipend for the cost of the rooms also have covered the following charges:
- Travel to and from the host country, always the cheapest way - as well as the costs of obtaining a visa, if the assistantship lasts less than 13 weeks.
- Accident insurance in the workplace and damages to third parties, issued by the host and paid by the school or the administration of the host country.
- Payment of expenses of attending the Comenius Assistantships Information Day, held in Madrid and organized by the Autonomous Agency for European Educational Programmes.
- Payment of expenses of attending the initial briefing (induction meeting), organized by the National Agencies of the recipient countries.
- Payment of a linguistic preparation in the language of the country of destination for the assistantship. The maximum monetary amount assistant for this type of training not in any case exceed that laid down in national competition.
- CLIL training (language integrated learning and content) for the assistantship. The course will be organized by an institution or recognized entity. The maximum monetary amount assistant for this type of training not in any case exceed that laid down in the call for proposals. The completion of this activity is not compatible with that of the previous activity, you can only choose one of them.
Submit necessary documentation to request help with deadlines. The deadlines for 2011 are:
Proposal Submission Deadlines
- January 14, 2011
- April 29, 2011
- September 16, 2011
Program Implementation Period.
- May 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011
- September 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
- January 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012
MundiaLengua and Comenius Grants.
MundiaLengua offers full support and provides you with all necessary means to make it easier to handle when enjoying a Comenius Fellowship.
The documentation required to submit MundiaLengua attached through their email to help you with your Scholarship Comenius (in addition to the official documentation submitted for the award itself) is: a Curriculum Vita (with photo), translated into the language of the country.
After receiving the email, Mundialengua team, will contact you and request a registration form filled with the sector's profile and a telephone interview to assess the level of language and specify what type of course is more suited to their needs. In the email subject line, please specify Comenius Scholarship.
It is important for us to emphasize that MundiaLengua is to help you with whatever you need 24 hours a day. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and a team member will see you without any problem.